Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Vintage Bathroom Clock

In my last post found here, I shared a couple of signs I made for our bathroom update by personalizing some images from The Graphics Fairy.


 With that same thought, I also upcycled a clock using another of Graphics Fairy's personal care vintage labels.


I purchased this clock for $1 at a garage sale.  I liked its smaller size, but the flowers just were not working anywhere in our house.


After looking through Graphics Fairy's round labels, I decided the script on this would make the cutest clock.


To make it look more like I clock, I married the design with this clock face also found on GF.  I'll do a tutorial soon and show you how I did this.


Next, I printed my updated image onto off-white scrapbook paper.  I was going to mod podge it, but my printer is an ink-jet and the ink smeared on my sample.  Instead, I sprayed several layers of this Krylon Matte Clear to the front and back of the image.  Later when it was dry, I cut the clock face to fit the clock and decoupaged it in place.  By the way, I first painted the clock white to ensure the colorful flowers would not bleed through.


That's all there was to it!  It is the perfect size, and now the perfect look for our bathroom.


Thanks for stopping by the tub!

Ellie


Parties I Will Be Linking To:

11 comments:

  1. You are just way too good woman! I am so jealous of your creativity...but grateful you share it with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mel. You know where I get that creativity from! I'm sure she rubbed off on you, too. I'd sure love to see you sometime.

      Delete
  2. Discovering your blog from Italy, love your work! i am follow you!
    Ciao
    Bellalullo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following my blog! I love meeting new friends and would love to come to your country sometime.

      Delete
  3. What a grand idea. Love it and your blog.
    Happy Creating, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. For somebody that says she's not techy I don't know who is. I've been wanting to peruse PicMonkey but thought I wouldn't know what to do so why waste the time.(I spend alot of time reading many, many blogs like yours).
    After reading your tutorial (printing it out) how to make that clock I decided I'd really have to take a look at PicMonkey to at least try to do something with it. I am extremely digitally challenged. Guess my brain got lazy from working the last 3 or 4 yrs. NO I admit, it's me that's lazy, easier to avoid than to challenge myself to try. Thanks for inspiring me. Love your blog Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your vote of confidence! Sadly, shortly after I published this PicMonkey decided to charge for some of its features. I understand that no one wants to work for free, but they are wanting to charge $60 a year. I'm kind of bummed, but have started using the free site Ribbit to do some of the edits I used to do with PicMonkey. I think they will begin charging at some point, too. Anyway, there are still lots of cool things to do on PicMonkey for free, and should you decide to pay - it is just $5 a month. I'm holding out hoping for an annual fee that is cheaper - but we'll see. Anyway - stay inspired and have fun!

      Delete
  5. I have to thrifted clocks that would be great for this project. I can't wait to give it a try. Thank you so much for sharing your crafty idea.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome, Traci. I had fun with this project, and love the outcome. What's better than a personalized clock! I'd love to see your clock when you get it finished.

      Delete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)