Friday, October 21, 2011

Earring Frame

If you are a frugal person, you're going to loooove this project!  I had all of these materials on hand, so it cost me absolutely nothing.  In spite of that, I think this turned out very attractive and still serves the purpose I need it to.

I took a freestanding frame that has been sitting around waiting for a purpose, 



an old t-shirt that I really liked 
but didn't like how short it fit, 


and an old piece of plastic canvas.  


I don't even know if you can still buy plastic canvas.  

Anybody know?

I cut the plastic canvas to fit the picture frame snugly. Next, I cut a portion of the t-shirt to cover the plastic canvas.  Although I lightly rubbed a glue stick all over the plastic canvas, I think I'm going to re-do this and brush a very light coat of Elmer's Glue instead.  (Just don't let glue accumulate in the holes of the plastic canvas.)  Finally, I hot-glued the oval into the frame.



Isn't this a great way to display post earrings?  

If you remember, I hang my hook earrings on a cup and saucer rack, as shown here.

If the posts of your earrings should want to push the fabric through the plastic canvas holes the first time you hang your earrings, just put the earring back right against the back side of the plastic canvas, and the earring will puncture the fabric very easily.

Wouldn't this make a fun Christmas gift?  I know I would love to get this, especially since I've been needing one for a long time.


Thanks for stopping by,


Ellie



Parties I Will Be Linking To:

8 comments:

  1. How clever and how cute. What a great way to display your earrings. Love the idea.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your earring display, so beautiful. So glad I found your blog. If you ever want another place to link up, you are welcome to join my weekly fri-mon linky, anything goes. Come strut your stuff.
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO cute! I wish I knew where to find a frame like that- I'd copy it in a heartbeat! Stopping by from TT&J! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!!! It just screams my mother-in-law all over it. Can't wait to try it.

    I became a follower to keep up on all your great ideas. If you get a chance check out my blog sometime.

    http://redflycreations.blogspot.com

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous. I have all the necessary supplies and want to make this for my daughter. Yours is fabulous and I love that you reused the t-shirt.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is really really REALLY cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea. I would love for you to stop by and link up your earring frame to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to link up.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. very creative! I like how your earring frame turned out.
    thanks for sharing at catch as catch can.
    gail

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)