Friday, July 22, 2011

Thinking Outside the Box - #2

Something I really enjoy is finding alternative uses for things I pick up at yard sales.  Sometimes they are too cute to pass on, and so I purchase them not really knowing where they will end up.  Here are a few ideas for you:

A ceramic shelf.....

becomes a canopy crown.

A teacup display.....

is a great place to organize
earrings.  I love this!

A plate rack hung on a closet
door.....

is a wonderful place to hang
purses.  (It usually holds
many more than this.)


Turn an old telephone niche into
a gorgeous book rack.

Hang a towel from a
door knocker for a unique
decorative statement.

Hope you find some awesome deals out there.  Have an amazing weekend!


Thanks for stopping by,

Ellie

4 comments:

  1. I love the purse (plate) rack idea! I just might have to do that! Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently I need to go garage saling with you - I don't seem to have the right eye for things like you snag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tammy. It really does work great! Let's do it, Angela. We need to get you some treasure to work on before #3.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use our old telephone niche for a diaper & wipe holder! lol StephanieW

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)