Friday, September 28, 2012

The Lavender Tub For Sale

As difficult as this is to share.......

Sob, Sniff, Sniff, Boo-Hoo, Blubber......
All Out Ugly Cry.....

the lavender tub will soon be for sale!


Not my blog, 

but the actual lavender tub and the home that goes with it. 

In the past I alluded to something coming up in July.  Well, as life goes.......that didn't quite happen.  Some changes took place in regard to my kids' schooling, and we had to delay our plans. However,  Edward recently had an MRI because he has been having a great deal of back pain, and we learned that he has 3 compressed discs.   The 110 mile roundtrip that Edward makes to work each day is aggravating those discs - and so we 
need to move.  Happily, it is in the direction of this little sweet pea, and we will likely be within 15 minutes of her and her parents.  I'm so glad for that because I really like this old, lavender tub house, and it is sad to think of leaving.  However, having Edward feel better and living close to my babies will be worth it.

I took this of her today.  
Edward and I had her while her parents climbed around on an oil rig.  
My son-in-law builds them, and this was take-your-wife-to-work day.

The reason I've been so scarce the past few months is because I've been knee deep in projects to get ready for the sale - well, that and just normal, busy life.  We still have a little ways to go, but I'm super excited to start showing you some of the things we've been working on.  If you like to look at neat, old houses - I hope you will enjoy this phase of 
The Lavender Tub.


So.......that's the news from Lake Wobegon The Lavender Tub. Should you know of anyone wishing to re-locate to the quaint town of Shawnee, Oklahoma - please tell them about our lovely, older home.  It truly is a one-of-a-kind beauty, and I know they will enjoy it as much as we have.

Thanks for stopping by 
(do you mind if I just borrow your shoulder to cry on while you're here?),

Ellie

6 comments:

  1. In case you're not familiar with Lake Wobegon - it is a series of stories Garrison Keillor tells on his radio show, A Prairie Home Companion. He always ends his tales with "And that's the news from Lake Wobegon - where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking, and all the children are above average." I just always want to say that when I say - "and that's the news......". They're crazy tales - you should look them up and listen to a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to own your home so badly. I hope it goes to someone who appreciates her for her natural loveliness and history as much as you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boo hoo hooooooo :'(
    You Neighbor Across the Street

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps moving to a new home will give you lots of things to write for your blog! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tell everyone that you have sweet neighbors that will cherish the lavender tub in all of it's amazing beauty from across the street. This is where I sniff too....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps a comfy new automobile (one with really plush seats and really good shocks) would help Edward's back problems and it would be cheaper than moving... ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)