Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Why The Lavender Tub?

Quite simply....because I own one!


For our ninth wedding anniversary, my Edward bought me a 1929 Prairie style house that has a BIG lavender tub right in the middle of the upstairs bathroom floor.  While she is not the heart of my home, she certainly is the soul for it is here that I dream, watch clouds, pray and dwell in possibilities.  I can think of nothing that would capture the essence of this blog better than The Lavender Tub.


I know there are people who would not care for her, but I absolutely adore her.  She represents so many of the qualities I aspire to.  She's simple, yet elegant.  She's timeless, reliable, available, comforting, soothing and embracing.  She's a little spunky and on the edge with her color, but that's what sets her apart from all the others.  I think it would be very nice to have these things said of me.

We've discussed ripping her out and making that bathroom more appropriate for His and Hers, but I keep telling Edward I'm just not finished enjoying her yet.  I kind of think I never will be.

Oh, and in answer to the question I'm asked most often, "Yes, I do bathe in her......... every day!"

Thanks for stopping by,

Ellie






3 comments:

  1. Well, I think your lavender tub is awesome! I've enjoyed my first visit to your blog. Come by when you get a chance!

    Back Porch Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fact that you are not ripping this tub out! Such personality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tub!!!! She looks like the same shape as a tub I had in an previous home. I loved, loved that tub.....

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)