Monday, March 17, 2014

Olive Garden Gnocchi Soup - Ashley's Recipe


I have an amazing heart sister named Ashley, who I am missing like crazy.  Ashley moved away a couple of months ago and things are less sunny without her here.  She is such an amazing cook and this soup is just one of her specialties.  She blessed me a couple of times by inviting me over to share it with her and her precious little boys.  It is much yummier than Olive Garden's soup, and is my all-time favorite soup.

 

This recipe is from CopyKat Recipes.

1 T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 T. Butter
4 T. Flour
1 Quart Half and Half
1/2 C. Celery, finely diced
1 C. Onion, finely diced
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
32 oz. Box of Chicken Broth
1 C. Carrots, finely shredded
1 C. Chicken, diced - use rotisserie for ease
1 Pkg. Gnocchi (I use mini)
   Look for it in the dried pasta section of your store
1 C. Fresh Spinach, coarsely chopped
1/2 t. Salt
1/2 t. Thyme
1/2 t. Parsley
1/4 t. Nutmeg

Cook gnocchi according to package directions, set aside.  Saute the onion, celery, and garlic in the butter and olive oil over medium heat until the onion becomes translucent.  Add the flour and make a roux.  Let the butter and flour mixture cook for a minute before adding 1 Qt. half and half.  Into the roux, add the carrots and chicken.  Once the mixture becomes thick, add the chicken broth.  When it thickens again, add the cooked gnocchi, spinach, and spices; simmer until soup is heated through.


If you happen to be reading this, Ashley, I treasure you and look forward to seeing you soon.  I thought of you the entire time I was cooking and wished you were here.  You are so loved!


Look how pretty it is to serve for Easter or in the autumn.

Thanks for stopping by the Tub!

Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)