Thursday, August 28, 2014

Family Heirloom Vintage Scale

I bet everyone has a thing or two in their home that has been hanging around for a while that they don't even realize how cool a treasure it is.  For me one of those treasures is this old scale.


Edward brought this to our marriage from his grandpa's shop.  His grandfather used to sell his excess tomatoes and other vegetables to town folk, and he would use this scale to weigh them.  Edward grew up playing with this scale all the time.


We have always enjoyed its nostalgia, but I think we both thought Edward would refinish and paint it before it found a place in the house instead of the garage.


But things change and one day you realize, 
It is completely perfect as it is!

Just look at some of its interesting details:




It has had a special place by our back door for a couple of years now.  I keep a wire basket on it, and it holds the things we need to remember as we leave the house.


Love.It!



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! This would be so beautiful for baby pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)