Monday, August 18, 2014

Gift Idea - Watercolor Paintings

My hubby's birthday is August 25th.  It is such a mile marker for me because once his birthday is here - I blink and it is Christmas.  No kidding!  I'm always amazed how quickly time flies the rest of the year.

So, the way I look at it - Christmas is next week and I've got lots of gifts to get!

I think a wonderful gift I would like to give would be a watercolor of something special for someone I love.  The only problem is - I can't do watercolor......


No worries in this techy age.  There is an app out there called Waterlogue that turns your pictures into watercolor paintings.  It is such a fun, fun app - you've got to try it.


Here are a few of my favorites:


Our home.  
Wouldn't it make a nice gift for your neighbors
to photograph their homes?


This is my grand daughter sitting on the floor in 
Target reading books.  I think this is a gift to me.


 This is an oil rig, and it happens to be one my 18 year 
old son helped to build this summer.  What a great gift 
for a guy who has everything - a painting of his workplace,  
or maybe a favorite sports stadium.

I hope this will give you some good ideas for getting your Christmas gift giving season started.  Handmade gifts are so much more personal and special.  I don't know about you, but I would love a watercolor painting like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)