Thursday, February 7, 2013

Mercury Glass and Colors

This is a mini post, but the idea is fun nonetheless.  As I was decorating for Valentines Day, I wondered if some tissue paper with hearts printed on it would appear through my mercury glass vases.  Turns out it looks pretty neat.


 Some mercury glass pieces are coated much thicker than others, but if you have one - or should make one - wouldn't it be fun to rub bigger patches of the silver off?  I think this will be so fun to change with the holidays.  I also can't wait to try some turquoise tissue.

 
You can't see it as well in this picture, but in person it shows.  I think the hearts peeking through are fun, fun, fun!


Thanks for stopping by,

Ellie

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I used the word fun a lot in this post. I will try to be more creative tomorrow. I wrote this in a hurry. Who has some good synonyms for fun?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun works for me! :) I think we all need more of it. Love this idea too ~ the red looks gorgeous!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)