Thursday, January 15, 2015

My Family's Favorite Cheese Ball

  
I honestly can't believe I've never shared this recipe on the blog before, because it is one of my most requested recipes 

- for 2 reasons:

            #1  It really is one of the best cheese ball 
recipes around

and 

            #2  Family members can't seem to find their 
                  copies of the recipe at Christmas time!

The conversation always goes, "Hey, I just did a search on 
your blog......and I can't find The Cheese Ball Recipe......

So, if for no one but my family - Here It Is!

1 pound Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2 - 8 oz. packages Cream Cheese, room temp is best
2 tsp. Garlic Powder
2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/4 - 1/2 Cup Mayo (I lean toward the 1/4 Cup)
Chopped Pecans (about 1/2 Cup)
Chili Powder

Combine the cheeses, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, and mayo.  Mix well with your hands.  Shape into a ball, Christmas tree, heart, log, or whatever your mood dictates.

On a piece of plastic wrap spread the pecans and sprinkle chili powder over them.  (You can mix some pecans into the cheese mixture, but I just coat the cheese ball with them in case someone does not like pecans.)  Now, just roll the cheese ball around on the pecans and chili powder until it is completely coated.  I usually finish off with some extra chili powder.


Lavender Tub Tip:  I hang on to the plastic wrap with the pecans and chili powder.  If the cheese ball is not consumed in one sitting,  I can always reshape and roll it again.  Sometimes I use the leftover cheese ball in a pan of enchilada casserole - just break it into small pieces and use in place of the shredded cheese.  It tastes wonderful.

Lastly, if you are watching your carbs, this makes a super yummy treat when eaten with almonds.  It really hits the spot when you need something snacky.

I hope your family enjoys this recipe as much as ours does!  At least my family can all pull it up on our phones now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)