Friday, December 14, 2012

Mary and Baby Jesus

It's Christmas season!  Wow, can this time of year get busy.

I've been crafting up a storm and haven't posted much in the last couple of days, but I should have some things to share soon.

Until then, I thought I'd share this Mary and Baby Jesus picture from the Graphics Fairy, found here.


I love the Nativity and have collected some stunning sets over the years. They are really the only think I like to collect, but I'm pretty particular about how they look.  It just doesn't feel right when the figures look European, and Mary and the Christ child have blond hair.  I must have shared my disdain with my children, because when they made this nativity for me a few years ago, they made sure to point out that everyone was painted Biblically accurate per their understanding.  That made me sooo happy!


So, while I liked the image above -  I decided Mary and Baby Jesus needed to look a little less fair.  Here is my remake of the above image:


Now, to make some cards or ornaments.......

I'll update this post when I do.

Thanks for stopping by the tub,

Ellie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)