Monday, September 19, 2011

Finger-Lickin Chickin

I have a really yummy chicken recipe to share with you today. I think my mom found this recipe in a Campbell soup freebie cookbook back in the '70's.  I don't think it could be classified as very healthy, but it is a great recipe that could be doubled to feed a lot of people.  It's also wonderful for company because it is super simple and very, very tasty. 


 Ingredients:

1 Chicken, cut up
I like to use 6-8 skinless boneless chicken breasts, instead
Flour that has been salted and peppered, perhaps 1 Cup
1 Large Onion, chopped
2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1    4 oz. Can Mushrooms
1    2 oz. Jar Pimentos
1 Stick Butter
Possibly additional Butter for cooking.


Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour, salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a 9 x 13 pan.  Melt the stick of butter and pour over the chicken.  (Consider holding back some of the butter to saute your onions, if you are concerned about calories.) Bake at 400F degrees for 30 minutes, uncovered.


In a large skillet, saute the chopped onions.  When tender, add the cans of undiluted soup, the mushrooms, and pimento. When the chicken has baked for 30 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and pour the sauce over the chicken pieces. Return the pan to the oven and bake covered for an additional 35 minutes.


That is it!  This is one of those recipes my kids beg for.   I like to serve this with rice and some bright colored vegetables.  Also, should there be any leftovers, this dish reheats easily and tastes just as good as when it was freshly made.


I'd love to hear what your family thinks.

Thanks for stopping by,

Ellie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)