Monday, September 12, 2011

Radio Speaker Table

First of all, I wish to thank everyone who has been continuing to check my blog.  I'm amazed at my stats considering I've not been able to post for several days.

Copyright Kim Arington Photography

  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

In case you're curious, my new job is an admissions counselor for transfer students at a private university near my home. While I still miss being home all day, I am enjoying the job very much.  I love working with people, but I'm also pretty good with details and actually have a degree in Accounting. This position allows me to do both of these things. 

I don't know what pace I will be able to keep with The Lavender Tub, but I'm going to try very hard to get back to posting 6-7 times a week.  I'm not sure I can keep up with that many projects, but I'll give it my best shot.  On the other hand, now is a good time to ask you, 

"What kinds of things would you like to read about here?"

Some of you comment on my projects and recipes, but my garage sale finds seem to get the most attention.  Well, what a sacrifice it would be on my part to just garage sale and post pictures!  


With that in mind, check out this little table I picked up earlier this summer for $4.  Edward believes it is a little table that once had fabric on the front and housed speakers. When you look up under the top, there is no doubt that that is what it was.  I have searched for pictures on-line, but have not been able to find anything that looks just like this.  Please, if anyone knows anything about this little table, I would love for you to share your knowledge.  I have some ideas of what to do with it, but it would be wonderful to see how it looked when it was new.



While it is plenty sturdy, it doesn't look the best with it's red, gold and brown paint half stripped off.  Yet, it is such an interesting piece, how could I go wrong?


Well, I've already got something on deck for tomorrow, and I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to be back!!!


Thank you so much for stopping by,

Ellie

P.S.  I'm getting a new camera with my first paycheck.  I try to be content with what I have, including my cheapy camera, but I'm pretty excited about this.  Woot!  Woot!




6 comments:

  1. That piece is beautiful! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teresa Ivey....TX IS HOTTT!September 13, 2011 7:30 PM

    I think this piece belonged to my great grandmother and you should return this family heirloom to me. (wink, wink, chuckle, chuckle) It is GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is one beautiful piece of furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie, It's a really pretty table and it looks like an old piece from the pictures. Thanks for linking to the Open House party this week.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piece! I know you're gonna make it look so good, it's actually pretty good just as it is!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. $4 ??? wow, fabulous!
    thanks for linking up to catch as catch can
    gail

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)