Thursday, November 3, 2011

Glass Candle Gift


This candle idea is nothing new if you've been around Blogland at all.  By simply gluing some type of container onto a candlestick, you get a nice, yet inexpensive, hurricane glass container to fill with all sorts of fun things.

 

I have not seen this exact model out there, although surely it has to be.  To make my version, pick up these candle holders at the Dollar Tree ($1 each)


and glue them onto a glass candlesticks using E6000 glue.  
The one pictured here is also from the Dollar Tree ($1 each)


I prefer to find candlesticks at garage sales, because they are actually much nicer and run between . 50-$1 each.  


 I really, really like the size and shape of this candleholder.


I have a set on the top of my piano and just 
change the decor with the season.


Giving a pair makes a wonderful gift........


.......but an even lovelier gift is to put together 
several little bags of fillers.......


.......take pictures of the various designs you've come up with.......


and give a little photo book of ideas with the candleholders.


Your non-crafty friends will appreciate the extra thought.


Hopefully the pictures throughout this post
will give you lots of ideas to try.


The concavity of the jar allows a wreath to stay put
just by bending the wire form in a bit.

This wreath wouldn't stay up, 
so a touch of hot glue holds it in place.

I'm using a glade candle inside of mine
The shape of the candle 
matches the shape of the jar.


Aren't they elegant for just a few bucks?!!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Ellie

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea for a Christmas Gift! I'd love it if you shared this at my Christmas Craft Tutorial Party that I have going on at Project Queen through the month of November. Here is the link: http://projectqueen.org/christmas-craft-tutorial-link-up-party

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea...cheap and versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Love all your versions of this simple and elegant candle holder.

    I found your blog through Met Monday and have enjoyed reading back posts. I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellie, Thanks for sharing all these great ideas at the Open House Party. Very cute!
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)