Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My View From the Tub - Christmas Gifts


Do you have your gift list READY?

OK

     SET .....

Actually, hold on for one minute........

Before you jump into to all the craziness that leads up to

CHRISTMAS

Would you take just a couple of minutes to watch this video






Perhaps this water project isn't

where your passion lies.

This happens to be one of mine, but I am also

passionate about stopping

Human Trafficking 

and 

Providing Blankets for

Impoverished People

In 

North Africa

and

Giving to People

Who Have Lost Their Jobs.

Over the next several days, I'll be sharing

some gift ideas and some gifts that have

meant the most to me.


I sincerely hope you will share ideas back.


The value of a handmade gift is 

undervalued in our culture.

Let's change that!

If we really want to Occupy

This Christmas,

Let's give a little less to the 

Big Companies with all the Gadgets,

And a little more to the 80%


Who live on less than $10/day.




These are just 

My Views From the Tub 


Thanks for stopping by,

Ellie

3 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on the homemade gifts! I used to strive for that every year. But, alas, I've gotten off track in the last few years. I've been feeling crafty lately and am going to give it a try again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as we don't go too far the other way, right, Barb? We can get overwhelmed making too many gifts too! I know I have done that many times before and missed Christmas for all the chaos I created. So, please, no one feel guilty and pressured if you can't or don't have time to make handmade gifts. I just love the message of this video and believe we can change the world if we will just do it.......one craft at a time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kiva gift cards are something I love to give. It allows the recipient to choose the person/group they wish to receive the loan and gets them involved. I believe helping someone earn a decent living and educate their children improves their whole community. Thanks for your thoughts. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)