Friday, November 4, 2011

Necklace Charm


Here is a fun, tailor-made gift idea for a friend or family member.


 I recently went to a craft show in our area and splurged on this necklace and earring set.  It was designed to hang a charm from, and I knew exactly what charm was needed.


First, I printed very small pictures of Pistol Pete -  THE mascot for the Oklahoma State Cowboys - onto card stock.  I actually ran the card stock through the printer - twice - to get a nice vibrant color.

Then, I painted clear nail polish over the entire design, front and back, and let it dry.  I learned to do this through error, for my first two attempts failed due to ink that ran.  

DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP.  
COMPLETELY SEAL YOUR DESIGN OR THE INK WILL RUN.


Next, I poured a very small amount of this product 


into the bottom of this bezel - and placed my cut out design on top.


Using E6000 glue, I attached small strips of rhinestones around the perimeter of the inside of the bezel.  It is best to glue these in place before using the dimensional medium, otherwise the rhinestones tend to fall over.


Finally, I dripped more of the Mod Podge into the bezel, completely covering the design, but not the rhinestones.  Allow this to dry for 12-24 hours.


Imagine what fun necklaces you can make that reflect your loved ones' personalities.  I know I would love something so personal.


OK, COWBOYS!  I'LL PROUDLY BE WEARING MY BLING TOMORROW!  
LET'S ADD ONE MORE WIN TO THE SEASON!!!

Thanks for stopping by,

Ellie

All of these products can be purchased at Hobby Lobby.  The total cost of this charm is probably about $2 by taking advantage of the sales at Hobby Lobby.


1 comment:

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)