Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Best Carrot Cake in the World

With Easter just around the corner, I thought I'd share this carrot cake recipe link.  I've been baking this recipe for 10 years or so, and 

This is the Best Carrot Cake You Will Ever Eat! 


It's a little more involved than other carrot cakes, but not much more.  I promise, if you make this for Easter lunch - your family and friends will be singing your praises.

Since I have not changed anything in this recipe, I am just supplying the link here.  You will actually need to print three different recipes - one for the cake, one for the buttermilk glaze, and one for the cream cheese frosting. 

The rest of this post is just eye candy.  Enjoy!

I bake mine in a 9" x 13" pan instead of layers.  My baking time in this pan is about 45 minutes.

Do not let the buttermilk glaze get any darker than this while cooking.  It will continue to darken when the heat is turned off.

The glaze is my favorite part.  I tell the kids it is gross and disgusting so I don't have to share licking this pan.


Pour the glaze over the cake when it comes out of the oven.  I almost think I prefer the cake at this stage - without the frosting.  It is such a rich, moist cake.

But........then again.  Mmmmm........

This cake tastes even better on day 2 and 3, so it is great to make ahead.


No, it is not healthy in any way - even though it is made with fruits and vegetables.  Who cares - it is so worth it!

Thanks for stopping by,

Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)