Friday, March 16, 2012

$ Tree Cloche-Hat Lampshade

Are you in the mood for a fun $ Tree craft?

When I purchased a few of these trash baskets from the $ Tree, I thought they were plastic.  I've already been using them in several applications in the house and garden, but to realize they are actually made of wire.......

-well this changes everything!


As creative processes often go, I picked up a basket and started experimenting with its shape.  Before long, by applying even pressure around the different circumferences of the basket - I was able to shape a resemblance of a 1920's Cloche Hat.


How excited I was to try it on my naked little lamp 
who had been waiting for a proper shade.


I spray painted the new little shade with Krylon's Celery, ran some $ Tree ribbon through my ruffler, and hot glued everything in place.  I also added a flower from my stash - which happened to be from the $ Tree also.


Since the basket is thinner than an actual shade, I added some washers at the top - which I covered with more ruffled ribbon - then screwed the finial in place.


My little lamp is now dressed so lovely!  
Wouldn't this be adorable painted hot pink 
with a black and white polka-dot ribbon for a girl's room?

Thanks for stopping by,

Ellie

Lavender Tub Tip:  When hot gluing the ribbon onto the wire basket, work in 2" sections.  The glue cools very quickly on the wire and then doesn't adhere well.

Parties I Will Be Linking To:

18 comments:

  1. What a great idea! It makes a perfect lamp shade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much UH! It sure looked like one to me.

      Delete
  2. Now that is adorable! I love it!!! Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gail. I'd love to see what it inspires you to make.

      Delete
  3. You are unbelievably creative - that is the cutest lampshade ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela. I think we should make one for M's room!

      Delete
  4. Seriously this is adorable. What an adorable lampshade. You are so cleaver, really you are. So simple and cute. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for the nice words. I need to get back over and link with your party again. I miss you!

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness Ellie...WAGI (What A Great Idea). You are just so clever. Your $ Tree bin turned into lampshade is absolutely beautiful. I love, love, love it. Hope you got them recently...Maybe the $ Tree near my house will have them too. Thanks for sharing and thanks for the inspiration. Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    Your newest follower,
    ♥Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the baskets are still there. Thanks for following - And you have a great weekend. Blessings.

      Delete
  6. Found you via 1929 Charmer's link party features. So cute. Adore it! Pinned =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea Ellie! Looks very cute!
    I would love if you stopped by to link it up to my party happening NOW! I would love to have you there!
    Stacey of Embracing Change
    http://staceyembracingchange.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stacey. I will link soon. I need a little time to get your link added to my post. Thanks for the invite.

      Delete
  8. Genius! I hope you don't mind if I Pin it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I would loooove if you pin it!

      Delete
  9. I love it!!!!! You're just too clever.... ;) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It was a fun project. Thanks for the compliment;)

      Delete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)