Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Designer Easter Grass

I think Easter grass is just plain fun.  All the bright colors are so festive this time of year.


But what if you would like something Easter grass-ish, but in colors that are not so bold?

Or what if you might like a little pattern added to the grass?

Well.......I thought it would be fun to make some toile Easter grass.


First, I found a piece of toile scrapbook paper, and then made about 12 black and white copies of it with my copier.  I actually copied both sides of the paper so it was completely patterned.


Next, I ran it through an old shredder that only shreds vertically.  You could just cut strips if your shredder does not do this.

This is how it turned out.


I think this would be a great way to make gift basket filler. Can you picture colors like aqua, green, or a soft pink in a baby basket?  Or maybe some red paper, blue paper, and green paper with black dots copied on it for filler in a kids gift?  What about typing a couple's name over and over on white paper for a wedding basket filler?  I can see I'm going to have some fun with this!


Thanks for stopping by,

Ellie

3 comments:

  1. Great idea--looks wonderful! Easter is a fun time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really smart. Since you can buy shredded paper why not make your own? Duh! I'm visiting from TT&J btw.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)