Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Holding It Together With Elmer's Glue-All

Could you just kick yourself sometimes?  When you try to be creative and think outside the box, it certainly opens the door for making Epic Fails.


Take my pretty little column here:


 A few weeks ago, I thought I would drag a couple of our arched doors into my bathroom to make a dressing screen. They were propped against a wall in the garage collecting dust, and I kind of wanted to make a nice backdrop for the column.  Besides, I've hooked 2 of the doors together before and they made a perfect screen.

Well.......as I was messing with the doors
I knocked one of them over.......
which hit the column knocking it to the tile floor.......
which shattered it into.......

.......here, I'll just show you.......


Ohhhh Noooo!!!!  I was so disappointed and mad at myself!

As I started picking up the pieces, I realized through my tear-blurred eyes (not really) that the cap was still in tact and there were quite a few large pieces left.  Thinking that it might be difficult to find another like it - and knowing that I really, really like this column - I decided to glue this puppy back together.



With a little research, I learned that Elmers Glue-All is the best glue for working with plaster.  So equipped with a couple of bottles, I went to work.




It took me a few days - and she certainly isn't perfect - 
but who will really know?

Well, except all of you!  Sssshhh

I actually like to decorate with other peoples cast-offs, and I don't mind having a few things around that have been glued back together.  I think I love the stories behind the junk and the flaws, and it helps me to keep from taking this decorating stuff too seriously.




Please tell me you've had some Epic Fails, too?!  I hope you'll leave a comment and share a good story.  Misery loves company, after all!


Thanks for stopping by,


Ellie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ellie,
    I've had many epic fails but most have ended up in the garbage can! I think your column looks very pretty and I don't blame you for putting it back together.

    Love the way you are using it to stack towels.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)