Saturday, September 27, 2014

Fall Mantel

Yesterday, I shared how I'm trying to simplify my decorating as the seasons change.  I don't want to spend days decorating for a particular season, because there are so many other things I want to do instead.

Except for the mantel! 
This is my fun space.  
My let's-get-creative-and-do-something-totally-new space.


My favorite thing in the world with decorating is to take something that is totally junk, and make it at home with lovely, pleasant little things.  

(I have some rusty furniture springs I really, really wanted to incorporate - but they just weren't working.....at least not yet.)

Our home is pretty formal by nature, but we are not.  I guess adding a little junk is my way of not taking this house, or decorating, or myself too seriously.


I can't say my dear husband is as enthusiastic about the cast-offs as I am, but it has become a source of intrigue and humor for him.


I bought this picture for the frame, but the painting is so perfect  for this time of year.  Isn't it pretty?


In the 2nd picture above if you look at the bottom of the large frame, it is damaged and most of the ornamentation is missing.  However, it is quite old - and I love its character!


I have a crazy little confession about this vignette.  If you come back tomorrow, I'll tell you what it is!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)