I know some may think I'm crazy for painting it, but that is really why I bought it. I am in no place to refinish something like this right now, but I did want to paint a piece of upholstered furniture with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - just to see how it turned out.
I read from several others who had tried it and were happy with the results. I guess I just had to know for myself.
So, here are my thoughts:
1. The coverage was fairly good, and I was painting with a
50% water/50% paint mixture. I painted 2 coats for
better coverage. It covered the stains nicely, too.
2. The paint went pretty far. I think I used 1.5 cans for the
3. The fabric ended up stiffer than I hoped. I did put a nice
coat of clear wax on, and it now feels about like a leather
sofa. It is not as comfortable as it was when it was
fabric, but it sure looks and smells better. This is not our
TV watching sofa, but is in my little shop - so it is fine.
The pattern sure looks pretty.
4. I read to spray the sofa with a mist of water before
you paint.....well, I did on part of it, but then forgot. I
couldn't really tell much difference.
5. It did take a little longer than I expected, but I think all
Overall I'm very pleased, and think it turned out quite pretty. It is not entirely the result I was hoping for softness wise, but it could not stay as it was.
I certainly would again! I just may have to leave Edward behind. I doubt I can drag another such beauty home with him in tow.