Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Spooky Welcome Sign - Printable

One day this past spring I heard quite a commotion in my yard.  When I went to investigate, I found dozens and dozens of birds squawking and carrying on.  It really was kind of like a scene from The Birds, and kind of gave me the eebie jeebies.

 


I'm much more about pretty fall decorations this time of year than all the gory stuff, but there is something kind of enticing about old, creepy houses.  When I saw this image on The Graphics Fairy's site - I thought it would be fun to marry it with my bird picture to make a spooky Welcome sign.  To see this image on her site, go here.
 
 
I took the color out of my bird picture and heightened the contrast quite a bit.  Then I overlapped it onto the Graphics Fairy image, and finally added some texture.


You're welcome to print one for yourself, if you like.  And please stop by anytime - pay no attention to my little welcoming party at the front gate.  I think they'll let you enter......
 

1 comment:

  1. I've always thought the overwhelming bird population made Octobers creepy in this area (and ALWAYS feel like they're going to turn on us any time). I've never seen anything like it anywhere else. And that sign turned out so well! Appropriately creepy :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)