Friday, September 12, 2014

The Ever Changing Picture, Picture

I bought an ugly picture, and I'm not even sure why.


You see, I went to a junk sale at a super fun place called 
The Chicken Farm in Jones, OK.  To learn more about it and the dates of their sales - check them out here.  They are so cool!


Anyway.....

.....it was the end of the day and these two ladies were selling this picture.  For some reason - they seemed to really want me to have it.  (Do I look like a jungle cat woman - or do they just know I'm a sucker for a good deal?)  They started reverse wheeling-n-dealing with me until the price was so low - who could pass it up?  What the heck - I could paint the frame or something.

I stuck it on my Dining Room wall just to fill the space for a bit, and you know - it actually kind of grew on me.  It started to look rather nice - imagining it without the brown mat and the cats.

I thought it would be fun to paint a mat with chalk board paint and write something like Eat, Pray, Love on it.  However, the mat ended up such a gorgeous black - I chose not to mess it up with chalk.

I also chose not to tear apart the mat and mess up the little gold frame embedded in it.  Instead, I poked holes in each of the corners and glued a small power magnet in the hole.  This allowed me to add a picture and hold in it place with metal of some sort.


Isn't it pretty?


The best part - it is like Picture, Picture from Mr. Rogers.  I can change the picture whenever I like.


Here is one I made for Fall.  It is so elegant in my Dining Room - so much nicer than the jungle cats.


Thanks for talking me into it ladies - it really is my style.  Hope to see you at the Chicken Farm again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)