Friday, February 28, 2014

Bless And Impress Sugar Cookies

My Life's Motto is "Bless, Not Impress".  I need it because if I'm not careful, I find myself wanting to do things to Impress others instead of Blessing them.  It is so freeing to stop yourself and ask, "Am I trying to Bless, or Impress?"  When it is to Bless, I can freely cross things off my to-do list that are stressing me out, and have much more grace for myself and the task at hand.


 This sugar cookie recipe is an old Pampered Chef recipe, and it lets me do both - Bless and Impress.  It is as easy as making cookies can get, but it is melt-in-your-mouth delicious.  Every time I bring them to an event, I get lots and lots of compliments.

Just 3 Ingredients:

1 pound of butter, divided (It must be butter!)
2 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 18.25 oz. White Cake Mix (Most mixes have been reduced to
                   15.5, so you might need to add some from a 2nd box)

Preheat oven to 350*  In a medium bowl, microwave only 2 sticks of the butter on HIGH 1 minute or until melted.  Slice the remaining 2 sticks into 1/2 inch pieces; add to the melted butter.  Allow butter to stand 3-5 minutes.  After the rest, whisk the butter until smooth.  It should look like a creamy butter thick soup when ready.

Stir together the Flour and Cake Mix.

Pour the butter all at once into the dry ingredients; stir with a wooden spoon until the dough is smooth.

Roll balls of dough (1 tsp) between palms of hand until smooth.  Place on parchment paper, and make a deep (all the way to the pan) indentation in the center.  Bake about 10 minutes, or just until the cookies start to brown on the bottom edges.  Allow the cookies to cool for 3 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.


If the cookies look a little less than perfect, dust them confectioners sugar - and they will look beautiful.


My favorite filling is raspberry jam, but you can do anything your heart desires......Nutella, bananas & whipped cream, frosting, candy, fruit......


I would keep them a secret in my
 "The Hostess With the Mostest" folder, 
but that is not Blessing.  I hope you get to 
Bless and Impress with these divine butter sugar 
cookies as much as I have.

Thanks for stopping by the Tub!

Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)