Saturday, February 1, 2014

Fast, Fun, & Fabulous Lampshade

If you've followed my blog for a while you might remember this cute cloche lampshade I made.  You can see more on that post here:


I crafted it from one of those fabulous little wire trash baskets you can pick up now and then at the $ Tree.  I love these little things and purchase about 10 every time they have them in stock.


 Which is a good thing because they are a great go-to craft material for all kinds of - "Hmmm, what could I use to make a _______?".  Most recently I, again, found myself in need of a lampshade.  The one that came on this brass and marble antique lamp (garage sale $2) was too large to fit my table, but the lamp just wouldn't be ignored - it had to have its place with the cherubs and other Valentines-y things.


The lampshade really took no time at all, because nothing was altered from its original state.  I simply draped a large doily over the wire trash basket, strung red tulle through the doily, and then fussed it a bit.  Fast, Fun, & Fabulous, and perfect for Valentine's Day!  It think this would be super cute hanging as a chandelier, too - Don't you?


Thanks for visiting the tub!



 Ellie





3 comments:

  1. Glad you're back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Sissie! Dear Anonymous, I am too! I love doing this blog, but life takes over sometimes. I entered a business venture in 2013 that took off like crazy and took so much time - there was little time left for blogging. It is still going well, but I hope to steal a little time away for The Lavender Tub. I decided I can still post, just maybe not write as much. Here's to seeing how that goes. Thanks for your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)