Monday, February 3, 2014

Old Chandelier for the Dining Room

Last year I asked you Lavendears if we should change out our dining room chandelier, as we were getting our house ready to put on the market.  Those of you who responded said the chandelier we had was just fine......so we left it.  You can see more pics here.


Wellllll, we didn't put our house on the market (long story - essentially my hubby, Edward, became a partner in his firm last January.....which made the banks look at us as being newly self-employed.........which means no new mortgage on a new house.........you get the picture).  Anyway, I went on a business trip with Edward to Grapevine, TX, and while he worked - I killed time antiquing.  The only thing that caught my eye and could fit in our car was this solid brass chandelier.


Edward couldn't see past the Malachite finish - plus this thing is HEAVY - but Edward was a good sport and let me bring it home.  Although I felt a bit guilty painting over it's original paint finish, we both were really delighted with its new color.  (I forgot to get a full picture before I took it apart......).


 I think the faux Malachite finish kept more people from being interested in this chandelier, and it was deeply marked down.  



Lucky for me!!!


Isn't she a beaut?!

So glad you stopped by today!

Ellie




No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)