Monday, February 24, 2014

Burlap Jewelry Display



I needed a jewelry display for a craft show booth I recently had.  Since I couldn't quite find what I was looking for 
- I created one.

 

Here is the mirror I stole the frame from.


Next, I cut a piece of scrap board to fit the frame, 
and glued burlap onto the board.


To get my hook placement even, I made a template and marked where I wanted to drill little holes.  This is much easier to do on paper than marking on top of burlap.


I used chain links and screws purchased at our local hardware store to make the hooks.  I had to pry links of the chain off
to make the hooks, but they worked better than anything
else I found.


This is not the jewelry I was displaying, 
but it gives you an idea in case you would like to make a
 jewelry display with this look.

What did we ever do before burlap?

Ellie



1 comment:

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)