Sunday, February 2, 2014

Silhouette - Lavender Tub Sign

Is there anything funner for a crafter than a cutting machine?  I got a Silhouette Cameo for Christmas a couple of years ago, and honestly - I still feel giddy every time I get it out to play.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!


Of course, one of the coolest projects a blogger would want to make is a sign with the name of their blog.  


I found this really awesome frame on Craigslist for cheap.  I had something else in mind for it, but the more I looked at it, the more I knew this had to be my Lavender Tub sign.


I painted the frame with ASCP in Antique White.  Then I mixed up some homemade plaster paint to match AS's Antionette, and painted over the poster.


To paint the letters on the sign, I cut a stencil out of cardstock using my Silhouette, and laid the stencil on the sign - holding it down with rocks.......yep, we're that technical around here.  Using Krylon's Champagne Nouveau Metallic spray paint, I painted the letters - being careful to spray straight on and not at an angle.


I did have a little paint overspray under the stencil, but I really like the softer look of the letters.  Yay for imperfection! 


I'd like to have a Lavender Tub booth some time, but for now - I think it adds a nice touch to my Lavender Tub bathroom.  (The light from the window shining on the metallic paint looks a little strange in this pic, but I wanted share this view.  The detail on the frame is so pretty.)


What cutting machine projects have you made?  
I'm ready to play some more!



Ellie


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)