Thursday, November 29, 2012

1929 Powder Room

To share the update of our downstairs bathroom, 
I thought I would just let you look around.  

 
This bathroom was original to the house.
 However, in the 1940's a shower was added from a  
space that had been a hallway to the 
porte-cochere of the house.  

 
The outside doorway was bricked in and a 3/4 bath 
with walk-in shower was created.


The shower is located behind this arched door.


The built-in shelves next to the shower 
are quite accessible and handy.


It is located right off the kitchen on the main floor.


This bathroom is only 4' x 8' which is
making it hard to get good shots.


When we remodeled, 
we installed all Kohler fixtures.


I picked up this old tin ceiling tile
at an antique mall when I recently went
to Grapevine, TX.  It was a birthday
present I bought for myself 
from Edward. 


And this little aluminum soap dish has
been in Edward's family for a long time.  He thinks it was his uncle's in WW II.
It is so pretty.


Thanks for stopping by the shower at The Tub today!

Ellie 


 



2 comments:

  1. LOVE the bathroom! All the details is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is incredibly beautiful. I would love to have something like that, sadly with 5 rowdy kids if it happen it will be a long time away. It looks stunning, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)