Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Burlap Harvest Framing

I've shared with you before that I love to take just about anything, and try to discover a new purpose for it.  In fact, I have to be careful not to take perfectly lovely things and tear them apart to see what else I can make.  This really is kind of a sickness for me.......really!  really

Woops, sorry, getting a little side-tracked.  Actually, we say Star-Trekked in our house.  My daughter said that for side-tracked when she was younger........and it stuck.  Anyway, I found this easel frame at Goodwill a couple of months ago, and although I wasn't exactly sure what I would do with it - it was too solid and well-made to pass up.  At the time, the frame held two pieces of glass that sandwiched a piece of wood with several circles cut out of it - I think to display coins?????


In the future, I'd like to frame our last name or some other cutout between the pieces of glass to look like it's floating, but for now I thought I'd see what it would look like with some burlap.

I fit burlap to the frame, and then cut out the word "Harvest" with a silhouette machine.  It's almost too simple, but it created just the right backdrop for this pair of pears.


I know it's not really that crafty, but I thought someone - like my friend, Meisha, who bought the same frame that day - might like to see it anyway.  And now, I'd better get back to the kitchen.......it is a holiday tomorrow, after all.

Thanks for stopping by the tub, and have a most lovely Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)