Thursday, January 10, 2013

Angel Candlestick Jewelry Displays

Despite the fact that I only live with men now, I must say I'm having great fun putting together a girly room for my granddaughter.  She is just 8 months old and is really only interested in putting things in her mouth, but one day she and I are going to have so much fun playing dress-up and lots of other princessy things.


 Of course she will need a beautiful Snow White type mirror, and what better way to select her jewels than from the arms of angels?


I found these wooden candlesticks at.......oh, you already know where I shop.  They didn't do much for me in wood tone, but the detail was amazing.  I couldn't wait to get out the white paint.  My men think I paint everything white, and frankly, they don't get it.

 

 

I was a little stumped as to what to do about the candle holder area, because they aren't very pretty to me.  After trying several things, I placed some antique door knobs on the top and decided that was what I was after.  I, then, attached some pearls just under the knobs which created a perfect place to hang earrings.


And here they are:
Jewelry angels for My Angel!


Thanks for stopping by The Tub,

Ellie



Parties I Will Be Linking To:
Friday - Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard SeedFeathered Nest Friday at French Country CottageShow and Tell Friday at My Romantic HomeWeekend Wrap up Party at Tatertots and Jello


2 comments:

  1. Oh my word! She is so adorably precious! I'm glad your first grandchild was a girl - because you're right - boys just don't get the fru-fru and you deserve someone to spoil with your fru-fru :) The jewelry holders are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angela. We are so lucky to have our little girls, aren't we? She is a precious girl and very sweet.

      Delete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)