Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Bird Cage Chandelier

Hi Lavendears!

I have missed being with you so much!

As you've probably guessed, I'm knee deep in another room that will be revealed soon.  Until then, I thought I'd share a couple of sneak peaks of projects I've been working on for the room. 


I was given an antique bird cage last year, and I just couldn't resist making a sweet little lamp out of it.

I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do until I came across this little chandelier at a garage sale.  


Oh, how perfect!

I rewired the chandelier - moving the cord from coming out the top to coming out the bottom - and actually replaced the dark cord with a white one.


Then, I painted and waxed the chandelier with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, and attached it inside of the bird cage with a finial.


Finally, I placed it on a tall table I picked up for $1, and finished it off with some dreamy cream feathers.

It turned out so cute, and totally belongs in the very girly room that is about to be revealed.  I hope you'll come back to see.


Thanks for stopping by the tub,

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Cindy. We love frou frou, don't we?

      Delete
  2. That turned out really cute--love the feathers with the bird cage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so girly! It's awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Micki. Girlie is the best, isn't it?

      Delete
  4. It's amazing what a little ingenuity can do! Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maureen. It's my favorite thing to make something interesting out of cast-offs. This projects was fun.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty looking bird cage chandelier! Sure wouldn't mind having one of those in my house!
    -Jessica

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)