Saturday, January 26, 2013

Etched Casserole Dish

Have you seen the etched casserole dishes on Pinterest?  I have a friend who makes them for gifts all the time, but I never had - until recently.


Rather than re-create the wheel, I thought I would link up to a wonderful tutorial here.  The only things I did different were:

1.  I cut the name I used out of contact paper with my silhouette machine

2.  I scooped most of the etching cream back into the container before I rinsed the dish.  It can be re-used, so why rinse all that cream down the drain?

Lavender Tub Tip:  If you do cut out a name using a cutting machine, try to stick the contact paper on your dish with the letters still in tact - and then remove them.  Trust me, it works much better this way.  Trust me........trust me!

I found a set of 2 casserole dishes at Wal-mart for about $12.00, and etched them both for a gift.  I am sooo happy with the results, and this was super easy.  It was such fun, I think I might block off an entire day just to find glass objects in my house and then etch them.

Do give this a try.  I think you'll really enjoy it, and I know if you make them for gifts - your giftee will be absolutely delighted.

Thanks for stopping by the tub,

Ellie


1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite things to do because we received one for our wedding way back when and it was my favorite gift, to this day! I also recently personalized some glasses for a friends wedding, with Script saying things like "Faith", "Hope", "Love", etc - so when she throws a party, everyone can use classy glasses and still keep track of them :) And, YES, I emphasize your tip of scraping off the excess for re-use! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)