Monday, August 15, 2011

Amazon Jungle Necklace and Earrings

One of the greatest things about crafty blogs is the amazing talent we all get to witness with just a few clicks of a mouse. Don't you think so?  When I'm bumming a little or need some inspiration,  I look up a few blogs and within minutes my mind is spinning with admiration and ideas.  Aren't you thankful that getting to create is one of the blessings God has given us?


And it's everywhere you go in the world!  So many amazingly creative people.  I'm always mesmerized by the incredible talent I see, the fascinating designs that are unique to a particular region, and the diverse materials different cultures use in their art.  If I could travel my entire life, I would never tire of seeing the talents of others.


One of these talented artists happens to be a friend of mine in Quito, Ecuador.  Today I thought I would share a beautiful jewelry set crafted by her. 

The beads she used for this jewelry are from the Amazon Jungle.  The half-black, half-red beads are called huayruro seeds, and the red and black beads are mescal beans.  I'm not sure if the tiny brown beads are morototo seeds, or something else.  Perhaps you know?  If you would like to learn more about the red and black beads, look here and here



The design of this set is just stunning.  It is so enjoyable to wear, too, because of how interesting and beautiful it is. Plus, since Ecuador is a place I dearly love and these beads were once part of that country, I certainly reminisce when I wear it.  The greatest joy, though, is knowing it was made by the hands of my beautiful friend.

These are children from Quito who came to Bible School at my friends' church.


While I know my friend loves to craft, she is a busy mom and pastor's wife.  She and her husband work very hard in the neighborhoods in Quito sharing the love of Jesus with the people there.  I'm so proud to call them my friends.

What do you think of her beautiful jewelry?  Isn't it gorgeous?

Thanks for stopping by,

Ellie

1 comment:

  1. That necklace and earring set is just beautiful. I will have to go visit those links and see more.

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)