Saturday, August 27, 2011

Henna in North Africa

Last year I had the privilege of traveling to a village in North Africa with some friends.  It was one of the greatest experiences of my life, and I hope I can return soon.


 While I loved the beautiful scenery




And the incredible architecture


My favorite part, as always, was the people.

One night we went to a henna party with some of the local ladies.
Although there was a huge verbal language barrier,
we were still women enjoying one another.

We all ate chocolate (I brought the Dove)
And had our henna done.

Henna goes on very thick like mud.  You leave it to dry on your skin, preferably overnight, and it leaves a stain.

I loved the party and the ladies were all so precious!



The girl who did the henna was amazingly fast, and aren't the designs gorgeous?

This is how the stain looks after the thick mud is washed off.

Yep, I am so ready to go back.

If you ever get a chance to have henna, it is very beautiful and a fun experience.  If you get to have henna in another culture, even better.

Thanks for stopping by,

Ellie

1 comment:

  1. I was lucky to have henna put on while visiting friends during Ramadan. I just loved it and wished I could learn to create the patterns like she did.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)