Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Howell's Tree Farm, Dried Florals & Greenhouse

Yesterday I teased you with pictures of a beautiful farm I've been visiting. The farm is called Howell's Tree Farm, Dried Florals & Greenhouse, and it is located in Cumming Iowa, just minutes south of Des Moines. It is absolutely one of my favorite places in the entire world.


Although the locals call it a tree farm, because they raise and sell Christmas trees, it is really so much more.  If you would like to learn about all they have to offer, check out their websites here and  here.


The reason this is one of my favorite places on earth, however, is because they grow fields and fields of flowers. Oh be still my beating heart!  I absolutely adore flowers of all kinds, and a place that grows fields of them is a place I want to be.


After the flowers bloom they are harvested, dried and then displayed in the attic of the old barn.  


Each time I visit the farm, I am carried away by magic as I climb the old stairs into the attic.  The smells, sounds, and sights of the barn attic almost make me believe I'm entering into a fairy tale.  It is truly a place of enchantment for me.

Ropes covered with bunches of flowers hang from the rafters of the old barn.



I think this is my dream home!

If you are ever in central Iowa, you must stop and experience the flowers of Howell's Tree Farm, Dried Florals & Greenhouse.



 Thanks for stopping by the farm with me,

Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)