Monday, August 29, 2011

Bathroom Sign

Bathroom signs are so fun, especially when you can personalize them for your family.  Our downstairs bathroom is decorated with old pictures of London, so I thought a sign with Dapper young gents on it would be ideal.

Here is one version that can be printed in parchment color.  I printed mine in black and white on parchment paper.

Once again, I found a perfect graphic on the Graphic Fairy's blog, found here.  Her stuff is so appropriate for the age of my home; it is always the first place I search.

I actually blocked out what is written on our family's sign as it is kind of personal.  Hope you don't mind.

Since I wanted the sign to look like an old advertisement, I tea stained a sheet of parchment colored paper.  When it was dry, I printed the graphic on it.

Using an Exacto knife, I carefully cut out the men on the top of the design and then glued it to a piece of scrapbook paper that already had old advertisements printed on it.


The frame is actually a shadow box with a cushioned back to pin into.  Perhaps I will look for some old tie-tacks and tie bars to embellish the sign.

Now, I want a great big sign for my bathroom that says, The Lavender Tub!  Hmmm.......Graphics Fairy, got any great old tub pictures up your sleeve?

Thanks for stopping by,

Ellie


7 comments:

  1. Cute, and yes....gotta love the Graphics Fairie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute idea- I love signs in the bathroom.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you've done with the gents graphic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute way to personalize a bathroom. Just tured the upstairs Lavender bathroom...

    Thanks for joining this Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party :)

    xoxo bunny Jean
    @ Bunny Jean's Decor and More! (my MAIN blog)

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first, it looks like an LCD monitor, but it turns out an artistic sign, is that center black board for chalk writing? Its fantastic aesthetic signage.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)