Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Tile From 1929

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then I have many words to share with you today.  Actually, I am not going to share many words at all, but instead some pictures of the original tile in my old house.

  
If you're new here, this is why my blog is called
The Lavender Tub.

The hexagonal tile in the Master Bathroom.
                   


I've had a piece come loose before.  This tile is literally 1/2" thick.  It is amazing.




The ceramic towel bars are so pretty.


            
Modern toothbrushes do not fit these slots very well, but it's a great place to display a bottle of perfume.


Beautiful built in soap dish.


No one minds changing the toilet paper when it is this easy.


Such detail!


This is the tile on the floor in the kids' bathroom.


I love this look!  My neighbor has the exact floor, with a moderate blue instead of black.

I can't believe I just showed you my bathroom floors!  Oh well.  I hope you didn't mind.

Thanks for stopping by,

Ellie

14 comments:

  1. I am so in love!!! I have a weakness for these old beauties! Yours is extraordinary! Thank you for sharing at Kim's! I'll be back. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing this! I have something similar but our bath is in pink and gray. And I grew up in a beautiful old house with the same black and white tile. Love it - thank you so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I would go out and order lavender fixtures for my house... but I certainly would not replace it (in good condition) in a beautiful vintage home as yours!

    Kudos to you for keeping this beauty as it was meant to be.

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    @ Bunny Jean's Decor and More!

    Thank for joining this Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the vintage look and I actually love the colors. My favorite though is the toilet paper holder....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellie, our first home had a tile bath with a rose pink much like this. Love the pattern on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ellie,
    I love your bathroom floors! I once had the basket weave with blue in a 1926 house. They just don't make details like these anymore. Thanks for sharing with us.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty bathroom and so much vintage loveliness.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog and visiting me. I love meeting new bloggers.
    I'm following your blog now and will be back often.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very LUCKY you are to be surrounded by these beauties...aaaahhhh...

    Deborah (happily visiting from
    http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun!! Love your Lavender Tub and all the other pretties too!

    Visiting from Romantic Home's Linky Party tonight,
    ~Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you said, a picture's worth a thousand words! How totally fun to have this bathroom!

    Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday and helping to make it a success! I appreciate you! Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the vintage tile on the floors! I would love to rip ours out and go for the vintage look. Thanx for joining THT! Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Drooooollllllll, says the lady that lives in a lavender house !


    what a dream !

    gena

    ReplyDelete
  13. The standards of today can not compete, or nearly compete with the older work. I think it is a very beautiful shade of lavender. A nice bubble bath would be welcomed.
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lorri says Beautiful! Stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)