Monday, March 10, 2014

Faux New Upholstery on Chair

There is a blogger who writes a blog called Nesting Place whose mantra is, "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful".  Don't you love that?  I do so much, because I don't want to try to live in a perfect world.  I like to decorate with another person's junk, because I like to limit my carbon footprint, I like to use my money for things more important than stuff, and if something gets broken - who cares?  But that doesn't mean the space around me has to look blah and boring.


 A perfect example is this chair I picked up at a yard sale for $5.  It is really sturdy, and just down-right cute!  The only problem is the pretty fabric is actually vinyl, and it has some chunks completely missing.  Can you see all the places that need a little TLC?


Since the last thing I need is another project, I decided to repair the holes and enjoy the chair in her shabby state until I have time to reupholster her the proper way.  Using Acrylic Caulk in Antique White - I simply smeared a coating over each of the holes with my finger.  That's it.  It blends so perfectly, I don't think anyone even realizes it has holes.


Can you see the holes?  I did not alter the pics in any way, except to up the contrast in hopes you could see the repairs a little better.......and I still don't think you can tell.  

It really doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by the Tub,


Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)