Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blingy Mascot Charm Necklace

In our state you can find OU or OSU (Go Cowboys!) anything, because they are the big state schools in Oklahoma.  For our smaller universities and colleges it is a little harder to find jewelry and other paraphernalia with our teams' mascots on.


My alma mater is Oklahoma Baptist University.  I am a very proud graduate of this fine school and thrilled to be known as an OBU Bison.  Needless to say, there are times I want to wear something a little blingy to support my school in upscale fashion.



I created this little charm so I can wear some sparkle - and support my team at the same time.


I started with these charms I found at Hobby Lobby.  I have seen them at Wal-Mart, as well.


Using only one of the squares of glass, I cut 4 strips of jewels with 4 stones each from this trim - also purchased by the yard from Hobby Lobby.

I found it easiest to place the glass inside the charm holder first, and then glue the strips onto the glass - using E6000 glue.

Finally, I took a bison charm that I've had for a long time, snipped the tiny ring off the top, and glued it onto the rhinestones.  I suppose finding the right charm for your team will be the hardest part, but there are so many charms available right now hopefully this will not be a problem.


Every time I wear this necklace I get lots of inquiries as to where it was purchased.  If I can find more bison charms, I might just have to make a few to give as gifts.

Don't we girls love supporting our teams with a little flash?  Why, yes ma'am we do! And for my fellow Bison all I can say is, "Ka-Rip"!

Thanks for stopping by,

2 comments:

  1. I love this.....I concur it is so difficult to find any jewelry bison related!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just are not represented very well, are we? Thanks, Sheila.

      Delete

I LOVE your ideas and comments. Thanks for taking the time :)